Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: I'm buying a lift, 2 post or 4, that is the question
LvSteveH
post Sep 11 2003, 03:05 PM
Post #21

I put the Poor in Porsche

Group: Members
Member No.: 600

It's rated for 7000lbs and meets all US specs, it's actually made in Canada. I probably won't put my diesel truck on it, but for anything short of that it should be fine. The safety tangs are really beefy, and show no signs of wear after considerable use. I haven't been able to find out much about the manufacturer though. It's called a GOLDEC Model 70. The construction is first rate, and it's extremely heavy, but able to be moved via a cantilever wheel system, without a car on it of course. The over all height is 9.5 feet, and it lifts just a hair over six feet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Sep 11 2003, 03:43 PM
Post #22

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

I decided to stick with the 2 post that I ordered. I guess I'm going to pull the wheels off the upper car everytime I store it. Ugh. Now I will have another spare set of wheels to move around. I think I had a curse put on me recently and am just realizing it, spare wheels keep multiplying.
Someone asked about ceiling height. I have 9'4" to the bottom of my rafters. My lift is an open top so it will stick up past the rafters and I'm just limited on how high I can go by the rafters. A 2 post with the cables crossing over at the top would not fit in my garage.
+Quote Post
aufaber
post Sep 11 2003, 04:44 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 525

QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 11 2003, 09:52 AM)
cool, are they safe?

Well sure.. are the elevators in three or four story buildings safe? pretty much the same thing.

Main downside is that you have to build them in into the floor.

-Aaron G>
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Sep 11 2003, 05:15 PM
Post #24

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

I want a lift also. I realized it sucks getting under the car with the engine 8 inches away from my face everytime I need to do something. Oh well, I'll add it to the list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
cha914
post Sep 11 2003, 07:18 PM
Post #25

MUSR 8 - 5lug conversion done wed - drive 500miles thrus

Member No.: 63

I bet you could rig up some suspension limiting straps that you could put on while the car was on the ground and lift the car...that way the strap would take the load and you wouldn't have to take the wheels off every time you put it up...

just a thought.

Tony C.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 05:34 AM