Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> test drove a 914-6 today, of course lots of questions...
turboman808
post Mar 19 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Well pretty much I narrowed my search down to one car. Semed to be the only one that I could just buy and beat the crap out of without reworking it.

Well one thing for sure it handles like a dream.

Now that things I found a bit odd but I guess thats just how the cars are.

For starters there isn't any power assist for the brakes. I had to push them hard as hell to get them working. Or at least much harder then I am used to. I'm just wondering if this can be changed somehow. Oh by the way the brakes are HUGE!!! Porsche 930 I think he said.

Also the clutch pedal felt kinda hard and had to be pushed way far. Thinking a hydralic clutch might work better. Any way to change this???

And finaly the shifting felt more like a suggestion then a definite command. I was very careful shifting because I thought it was gonna miss. It has a wevo shifter.

It was cool to drive though. Sounded like a muscle car and to have it right behind your head made you feel powerful. I don't think it's as fast as my civic which is unfortunate, but it more then makes up for it in handling.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:14 AM