Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hyfire VIa Wiring, Help !
MarkV
post Mar 27 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #1

Fear the Jack Stands

Group: Members
Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

I installed a Hyfire VIa yesterday. The car starts up and idles fine. Took it for a spin and it shut off after about a block. It will restart but then dies again. Made it home after restarting it 3 or 4 times. Can't restart it without using the starter, won't restart with momentum & the clutch.

I am using a Mallory dual point dizzy & a Pertronix 1.6 ohm Blaster coil w/ no ballast.

It is wired as follows: I have the large red wire going to the battery & the large black wire to chassis ground. The small black wire to the - side of the coil & the orange wire to the + side of the coil. The white wire goes to the points lug on the dizzy. The small red key on wire is going to the old + coil wire from the harness.

Oh & my tach doesn't work. Hooked the tach trigger wire up to yellow wire from the box and the tach does nothing.

The diagnostic LED glow solid while it is running & shuts off when it dies.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:19 PM