Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Northeast AutoX Season, starting...
yarin
post Mar 27 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I just checked the schedules for the clubs around here... north jersey PCA, MetroNY PCA, Mclub, Nasa, CART, BMWCCA, PSCC... they are starting up soon! April and May are really packed with events, june/july fade a little. I know it must be difficult to find lots in this area.

Looks like MetroNY lost Tobay Beach, no surprise there. They would attract car shows, street racing, club meets and all this garbage not related to the car. too bad.

Means i'm going to push extra hard to get my car done! I want to leave work and hide in the garage.

Any northeast 914 autoxer ppl on here? There are always a few in this area, i'll finally be able to run with them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Mar 27 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

The Fairfield County Sports Car Club had their first (non-points) event yesterday.

+Quote Post
mskala
post Mar 27 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #3

R

Member No.: 79
Region Association: None

QUOTE (yarin @ Mar 27 2006, 02:10 PM)

Any northeast 914 autoxer ppl on here? There are always a few in this area, i'll finally be able to run with them.

I am more north than you. Depending on the distance, you can hit NERPCA, NCRPCA, Boston BMWCCA, and
Renegade Miata in Ayer, MA.
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Mar 27 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505

I will be at this weekends Mclub event Sunday and so will my brother. I garantee I won't have finalized the deal with Dave so I will be driving my civic. I was really looking forward to using the 914 this sunday and to be honest I am a little pissed that I won't get to.

But it should be fun. I am a bit rusty but I hope it comes back pretty fast.
+Quote Post
yarin
post Mar 27 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #5

'14-X'in FOOL

QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 27 2006, 11:38 AM)
I will be at this weekends Mclub event Sunday and so will my brother. I garantee I won't have finalized the deal with Dave so I will be driving my civic. I was really looking forward to using the 914 this sunday and to be honest I am a little pissed that I won't get to.

But it should be fun. I am a bit rusty but I hope it comes back pretty fast.

Cool. I ran with Mclub a few times, fast courses. Unfortunately they are prone to accidents, they had a few serious ones over the past few years.

Is your 914 stock?

I checked out the FCSCC web page but they didnt post a 2006 schedule yet.

Has anyone else been spoiled by 8 50sec+ runs? Some of these clubs giev you 4 or 5 runs and call it a day.
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Mar 27 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Yeah I like the M club because they make fast courses. Some have been a little scary. I remember one where you got up to around 75 coming into a curving slolom of sorts. Every time I thought I was gonna spin like a top-which I didn't but plenty of others did.

This will be my brothers first autox. Should be an interesting day. But I never have been to a autox with any serious accident. Safer then riding bicycles where I have seen plenty of people die.

I still don't have a 914. Thought I would but it shows what I know.
+Quote Post
okieflyr
post Mar 27 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #7

9fauxteen

Member No.: 3,426

I run mostly with the Phila Region SCCA. (Philly SCCA.com) Our events tend to be large100-120 drivers, 4-5 runs, and pretty well organized. There is alot of good competition and instruction for novices as well.
Depending how the car shake down is doing, I'll travel to some north/south jersey events as well. I'm hoping to be wrapping things up enough in time to do some test- n- tunes... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Mar 27 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,030

i will be doing my first AX on april 30th with the NNJR PCA at the meadowlands, though i wont be driving the 914, ill have my 924S
+Quote Post
yarin
post Mar 27 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #9

'14-X'in FOOL

QUOTE (i love porsche @ Mar 27 2006, 07:20 PM)
i will be doing my first AX on april 30th with the NNJR PCA at the meadowlands, though i wont be driving the 914, ill have my 924S

I should be at that event. NNJR is great, really well run. I've been running with them for 4 years now.

924S is a great car to learn on, very well balanced and forgiving. My brother and I autoxed his 89 944 turbo for a few years. Fun stuff.

Now its time to bust out my own car. MEGASQUIRTED. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Mar 27 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I should be at the same event. And I should have a 914 by then. That would be really messed up if I didn't.
+Quote Post
yarin
post Mar 27 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #11

'14-X'in FOOL

QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 27 2006, 07:34 PM)
I should be at the same event. And I should have a 914 by then. That would be really messed up if I didn't.

are you buying a 914? is yours in the shop? ithat autox is a month away. don't rush into purchasing one just for the sake of having one for the autox season.

i bought my car at the hershey swap meet last year. took me two years to find one i was happy with.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:17 AM