Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A/C Condenser Locations, Anywhere but front trunk?
D1A3
post Mar 27 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Gruppe Neun Vierzehn Südosten

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,152
Region Association: South East States

Looking through Panorama, I always see the add for Griffiths with their condenser in the 911 wheel well. Just wondering if anyone has (or has seen) this setup in a 914? I've got to get A/C installed at some point and have backed out already once becuase I did not want to cut out my trunk. Other ideas on the board have not really appealed to me. This concept seems somewhat feasible with minimal "surgery."

Any thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Mar 28 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #2

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

You can be as creative as you like (keeping your skills in mind)

You just need air to the coil and air from the coil. You can use two (smaller) coils inplace of the one LARGE coil if you like. One up front installed like a oil cooler and another in the rear..Maybe on the rear engine lid or in a wheel well.

Look at the V8 guys and see what they haev done up front. No reason why this will not work for you???

The front trunk cutting is not that big a deal IF done with care. Just save the piece or track down a spare piece, just incase you want to undo the work.

Add some extra pieces of metal to frame you A/C hole and some expanded mesh and it will be plent strong and look fine.

The old coil is too small (capacity wise) for R134a. You can get a new coil close to the same size that will giveyou better vent air temps.

Cheers and be cool (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:45 PM