Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ATTN: Carb Experts!, Need Help with a Dellorto DRLA
jr91472
post Apr 1 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #1

"I'm pacing myself sergeant..."

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,437

Ok, this winter I bought a pair of used Dellorto DRLA's, rebuilt them with all new gaskets, o-rings, etc. I put them on the motor and today started it up for the first time.

I will get to the point: On one of the carbs, fuel from reservor drains into one (only one) of the barrels and collects on the butterfly (i.e. makes a puddle and produces a rather rich mixture (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif) ).

I spent most of the afternoon troubleshooting this and call tell you that even with the motor off, once there is fuel in the bowl...it drains out and into one on the barrels. With the carb still on the motor, I cannot tell exactly where the fuels is entering the barrel, but it seem to be near the bottom (like one of the holes near the butterfly). While cleaning them, I didn't notice any cracks or wear, (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

I will be pouring over my Dellorto manual tonite and probably take the carb off the motor in the next day or so and go through it completely. But I thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts.

This is my first dual carb experience, so be gentle and thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:48 PM