Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Whats the best way..., to support my car for rust work
obscurity
post Apr 4 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,628
Region Association: South East States

I am preparing to dig into my rusty 914 for sevaral jobs and I was hoping to get some input on the best way to support the car for work (economically). I would love to bUy a lift of some sort but I am afraid that they are all out of the realm of possibility (I've even checked on e-bay). Even the scissors style are more than $1,000

I will probably need to work in these areas:
-Hell Hole (and probably a little of everything associated with it)
-Long replacement (hopefully not but best to be prepared)
floors (just the back portion)
-some portions at the bottom of the fire wall
-There is some rust in the tunnel so we'll have to see what that is all about

I guess what I am looking for is a good all round method of holding the car in a good working position. I have looked at buying of fabricating a cart like this Eastwood Body Cart
but that may not give me the kind of access I will need. Any comments or advice is appreciated as I have never done something like this before

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
obscurity   Whats the best way...   Apr 4 2006, 03:35 PM
tdsmoonchild   see my thread after I've updated it. Link is ...   Apr 4 2006, 03:50 PM
SirAndy   one way is to support it with a few 2/4 or 4/8 goi...   Apr 4 2006, 04:19 PM
SirAndy   top X-brace, just don't weld it, instead, use ...   Apr 4 2006, 04:19 PM
obscurity     Apr 4 2006, 05:05 PM
SirAndy   ...   Apr 4 2006, 05:26 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:01 PM