Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 71 Superbeetle in trade for bodywork..., Low on cash need car finished....
timmcgraw67
post Apr 5 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,816

My mom's getting pissed cause she can't use the garage... Too much junk and 2 projects... the 914 and the superbeetle. I have current registration on the beetle and I bought it with the 1600 dual port rebuilt. the car won't kick over. one day it started running wierd and then I get off the freeway and as soon as I get to idle speed it dies. couldn't get it started since. Well back to the 914 I need some of the rust taken care of, and a paint job.... I had a friend that was supposed to take it to a shop and never did. If anyone is interested Help Me Please... I'm dying to see what a 914 can do off Muholland Dr or the 2 through angeles crest. Hell my truck can do 75-95MPH through angeles crest LOL.

Thanx
Kenneth
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
bd1308
post Apr 5 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

check the points on the beetle....

i had that exact thing happen to me, turned out I forgot to grease the distributor shaft and the point block wore way down to zero.

b
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:12 PM