Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How I Spent My Weekend, Showing off the 914
ThinAir
post Sep 16 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

This past weekend the 914 went to the annual Arizona Bus Club Jerome Jamboree in Jerome, AZ (ghost town). This is a camping event of about 300 VW Buses in addition to other VWs. Most are pre-1968 split screen types.

I like to take the 914 there to show off what they are missing by taking a "not a real VW" attitude. One year they refused to let my son put his 914 into any of the car show categories because of that excuse.

This year the 914 attracted so much attention that I spent the whole weekend chatting with admirers who stopped by. Lots of folks voted for it for the "Top 5 VW Other" category, but not enough to win a trophy.

I didn't win the 1967 Bus that they raffled off, but had a great time and acquainted a lot of folks with 914s.

Pictures are at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.m...show=yes&page=1
The 914 is shown at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.m...hoto+110814.jpg
My son's 1975 Bus is on the left. Mike's 1965 Bug is just off camera.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Sep 16 2003, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Best friends

Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

On the way home the relay board decided to give up the ghost and leave me stranded 60 miles from home. I had to go back Sunday night & hard wire the fuel pump to the battery in order to get home. Air Cooled Nut's topic on recoating the back of the FI board is gonna come in real handy! Fortunately I had another board from my parts car so the 914 is back on the road again tonight.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Sep 17 2003, 05:40 AM
Post #3

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I use to have a '67 Deluxe. Clock in the dash still worked, but the rust was eating it up.
Wish I still had it.

Paul
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 17 2003, 11:32 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

I'm hoping to attend the Parts Obsolete camp out next year. I miss all the fun stuff my family used to do with VW clubs and the such.

B
+Quote Post
mangrum
post Sep 17 2003, 12:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,134

This spring the Southeast Michigan 914 Owners Group (SMOG) were invited to the Michigan Vintage Volkswagan Festival (http://www.mvvc.net/festival/main.html) We had 16 (I think) 914's there in our own area. It was a blast! I've owned several vintage VW's over the years and spent the whole time walking around looking at the cars and talking to the people.

There were some pics postes somewhere but I can't remember where. I could probably find out if anyone is interested.
+Quote Post
Tom Perso
post Sep 17 2003, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Crazy from the Cold...

Member No.: 1,003

Mike,

That show was a great time and there were a lot of nice 914's there. I will have the 2270 T4 that was in my Bug now transplanted into the 914 this weekend.

You shall see me at the show next year, if not before.

Later!

Tom
+Quote Post
Ratt
post Sep 17 2003, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,136

I wish my weekend was that fun. I had to do back to back motor swaps on 1971 BMW's. I have somany little cuts, and a noce chunk missing from my wrist. I cant wait I get to do it again this weekend. I swear, after I get the 914 painted, Im getting a moped and that will be it for a few years.
Andy
+Quote Post
scotty
post Sep 17 2003, 09:20 PM
Post #8

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

This year the 914 attracted so much attention that I spent the whole weekend chatting with admirers who stopped by. Lots of folks voted for it for the "Top 5 VW Other" category, but not enough to win a trophy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Yaknow...I've noticed a similar "turn-around" in attitude up here in the local bug crowd. I've had several pull up to me at lights and compliment me on the car while they're in their great looking restored ghias and bugs. I think it's more of a 60's and 70's love-in type of thing or something....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:28 AM