Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thank You Jim Patrick !!!, Patrick Motorsports
jflash914
post Apr 14 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,652

My son Steve purchased an 914-6 oil tank from Patrick Motorsport some time ago and we had an oil leak that we really couldn't see when the tank was up in the fender well. Eventually we figured out that the leak was coming from the seal area around the oil filter. The surface of the oil tank in the area of the filter was not machined correctly. This is an aluminum tank that Patrick Motorsport sold but did not build at their facility. After talking to Jim we sent the tank back and he machined the problem area and now no more leaks! So I would just like to thank Jim and is business for correcting this problem.
Jack and Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marv's3.6six
post Apr 14 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Actual member 7"

Member No.: 3,165
Region Association: Southern California

Jim is great people, he has been very helpful in my GT project. He is one of the few that has a tremendous knowledge & history with our cars. Everything he sells is top quality, well supported, and he has the stuff in stock. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 14 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 14 2006, 06:44 AM) *

Jim is great people, he has been very helpful in my GT project. He is one of the few that has a tremendous knowledge & history with our cars. Everything he sells is top quality, well supported, and he has the stuff in stock. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Glad Patrick is finally standing behind stuff he sells.

Others haven't been as fortunate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Apr 14 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #4

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 14 2006, 06:44 AM) *

Agree (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

I have done personal business and PCA and HSRWest stuff with Jim. Never had the hint of an issue, in fact my experiences are that he goes way out of his way to help and do things right.

AND, he does know and LOVE 914s. He has a 914 "project" car with a 3.6L in it that he is personally building that is seriously evil. All the Partick Motorsports tricks and a few new twists as well.
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Apr 14 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

Yup. I sourced most of the parts for my 3.2 conversion from PMS. I've had nothing but positive experiences.

Regards,
Kevin
+Quote Post
mack914
post Apr 14 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,306

Jim has been great answering ?s with my 6 conversion, and help[ful with extra parts I needed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 14 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #7

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Too bad he was such a dick when I was doing MY conversions otherwise he woulda had some business from me.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alfred.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Apr 14 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #8

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

I have had similar good experiences with Jim. I recieved a defective engine mount and he very quickly arranged return and replacement of a new bar that was in perfect condition. I have the same aluminum oil tank and have had no problems. I know that Jim recieved an additonal sale based on one of my reccomendations locally. He does stand behind the products he sells.

+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Apr 14 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #9

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463

nice to see someone taking the time to post a good experience! I have to admit, I heard a lot of bad things about Patrick a few years ago, and even talked to him a few years back and felt he was a bit arrogant and I was a waste of his time, but a couple years ago I needed some spacers that he makes and talked to him. Ended up being really helpful, and came down on his prices to match Pelican's, so I spent a grand on rear axles and flanges, etc to convert to turbo stuff on my 914 and also bought the adjustable coil over rear Bilsteins from him and both experiences were solid, stuff shipped out right away, and I had no issues. Seems he musta turned a new leaf a few years ago and he got $1600-$1700 in business from me because of it.

I would buy from him again and would recommend him. I typically use Pelican because their prices tend to be reasonable and they are 1/2 mile from my house, so will call is really easy. Otherwise, Jim will be my "source #2" when Pelican doesn't have what I need.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Apr 14 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #10

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

I have had a business relationship with Patrick Motorsports for several years. My partner and have spent thousands of $$$ with Jim and have never had an issue. In addition to his excellent products, he has been a gentleman and worked to solve any issue that has occured.

Dan
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:01 PM