Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wide Band Commander, Getto install, no really
newto914s
post Apr 14 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,663

This is supposed to be super temperary. 10 minutes on, 10 off if need be. I'm going to use this to TRY to get some base reading on the d-jet. So if/when I start to make mods I can keep it all close to tuned.

Control box

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
DNHunt
post Apr 15 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #21

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

I love that kind of engineering. There is nothing better than scrounging around for something that might work and then finding out it works pretty well. The uglier the better.

It may well be all you'll need but, I don't think there is anyway to be sure without comparing it to a known well calibrated WBO2 in a known good place in the exhaust to sample, on your engine. Barring that your reading will be ballpark which is really all any of us get from our setups anyway. I think itis generally felt that a well tuned D-jet cruises at 13.5, and WOT is 12.5. I'm not sure about idle.

If you can use relative AFR for what you are doing I'd say you are good to go. If you need hard numbers then I think you need to find a way to calibrate the setup and that may be tough to do.

Dave
+Quote Post
newto914s
post Apr 15 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #22

So here's what I've got so far. I'm not sure how to get the time to chart into the graph(first time with excel, ever). This is from start up, thus the 18 reading before the engine is running. The steady even blips are me turning the AFR knob on the ECU. Each blip(11) is on click from the center CW. When it finally smoothed out the ecu is on Full rich, Can't turn the knob any farther. I've heard this is not a good setting, but the engine sounds good there. Then you can see in the graph as I slowly incress the RPMS(No WOT yet) and snap it closed.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
newto914s
post Apr 17 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #23

Got it Tuned! I think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
No matter what, it's way closer then it was. ECU is 3 clicks rich of center, and the pressure regulator is turned up some(no pressure gauge, so that could have been the problem). I also changed the throttle body to cure a bucking issue(faulty TPS sensor), and the car drives much much better. Most impotantly, I think it's running cooler. Multipule redlines and the CHT never went above 350. We'll see how it goes tomorrow on the highway in 5th, around noon.
Wideband O2 sensors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 07:21 AM