Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The ups & downs of vintage car ownership, havin' a kooky day
Queenie
post Sep 17 2003, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Society Is A Hole

Group: Members
Member No.: 908

I drive my car to work this morning (as I do every weekday morning) and aside from the fact that it needs a top-end rebuild quite badly at this point, everything's peachy.

I get in the car around noon to go buy myself a new mouse since mine finally died...and I discover a nice seven-inch long hairline crack in my windshield.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm 98% sure it wasn't there this morning, because it's SO noticeable - how could I have missed it? Much internal cussing ensues, even though I know this is fairly easy to solve. I just can't afford for more things to go wrong with my car, and it took me by surprise. Where the hell did it come from?

So, blah blah blah, I calm down in short order because, really, what can I do? I'll fix it if I can and if I can't then I'll buy a new windshield. End of story. When you own a car that's twenty-seven years old, you'd best be prepared to make a committment to keeping it up. And I don't begrudge my car its need for proper maintenance, it's just that the timing is a bit sucky.

I decide after lunch to stop off for some coffee. As I'm exiting the coffee dispensary, I'm accosted by two charming little old ladies who saw me getting out of my car in the parking lot. They want to know what color my car is, because they think it's the most gorgeous color they've seen in forever. They ply me with compliments and send me on my way.

Instantly, my faith in my car - and humanity - is restored.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Queenie   The ups & downs of vintage car ownership   Sep 17 2003, 04:16 PM
Brad Roberts   Funny how that works huh ?? LOL Great story. B   Sep 17 2003, 04:20 PM
Jenny   what color? Jen   Sep 17 2003, 04:21 PM
p914   Karma is an interesting phenomena :luck:   Sep 17 2003, 04:26 PM
Queenie     Sep 17 2003, 04:30 PM
Queenie   It is funny. And I'd rather drive the crapp...   Sep 17 2003, 04:33 PM
Charles Deutsch   <...   Sep 17 2003, 05:13 PM
tat2dphreak     Sep 17 2003, 06:09 PM
ArtechnikA   <...   Sep 18 2003, 04:25 PM
Targa   <...   Sep 18 2003, 04:55 PM
Queenie   <...   Sep 18 2003, 05:09 PM
Queenie   <...   Sep 18 2003, 05:13 PM
Queenie     Sep 18 2003, 05:21 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:08 PM