Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Prospective V8 project, convincing the father
malaga_red75
post Apr 16 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #1

'74 2.5L N/A Subie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,674
Region Association: None

Hey guys, i need your help...
I am 16, and currently drive a 75 1.8 that i began restoring two years ago. I have decided that I have gotten that car where i want it and need a new project. After seeing all the V8 threads I really want to do a v8 conversion also. The only thing stopping me...my father. He likes the idea, but just thinks that is going to be wayyyy to much money and way too much fabrication.

SO...I need you guys to help me by telling me how much fabrication is really involved...besides cutting up the front for the radiator. Also if you guys could give me a rough estimate for money...just to get the car running...the least expensive way to do a v8 conversion. I really want to do this project, and hopefully I (we) can convince him. THanks alot...anything would help.

-Peter

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
malaga_red75   Prospective V8 project   Apr 16 2006, 08:01 PM
neo914-6   Search Andyrew's thread, he did a great conver...   Apr 17 2006, 12:54 AM
Andyrew   My It'll fit thread explains it to detail. It...   Apr 17 2006, 01:22 AM
Mueller   and with the price of gas approaching $3.00 a...   Apr 17 2006, 06:09 AM
neo914-6  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:21 PM