Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Texas Teeners Unite!, Help get my car on the road!!
LowGT
post Apr 18 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #1

1.8 and Proud!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,904
Region Association: Southwest Region

Okay, I thought I had this sucker whipped, but I need help. When I bought the car it had dual weber 44s, a leaky 1.7, and poor breaking. This is what I have done in the past few months:

Porsche Flywheel
Clutch
Pressure Plate
Pilot bearing
Release Bearing
Shifter bushings
Tore down engine to case, all new seals.
Tranny input shaft seal
Tranny console seal
New rubber mounts
Reman front calipers
Resurfaced rotors
New pads
New front hardlines
New soft lines
19mm Master Cylinder
Rebuilt pedal assembly
Flushed & bled system
Dual dellorto frd34b carbs (rebuilt)
Alum fuel line in tunnel
CB performance 3.5psi pump & filter
Ball joints
Turbo tie rods

That's all I can think of right now, I've done a lot. Right now the engine is much louder than it was before, it sounds like a diesel even though I set all the valve clearances. The engine starts up quickly and idles smooth though, before it took half a can of start fluid to get it going and wouldn't idle. But the biggest problem is when driving. Any moderate throttle you give it, the car bogs down. I've played with the carbs the best I can, can't really tell what I'm doing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I tried to check the timing, but I couldn't see the mark at all even though it;s clearly there. I need some in person help before I go mad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I want this car on the road!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

Any takers? Oh yeah, I'm located in Wylie, northeast of Dallas.

Dan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
LowGT   Texas Teeners Unite!   Apr 18 2006, 01:08 AM
Joe Ricard   I'll be in Hurst Texas this weekend. Got to a...   Apr 18 2006, 05:00 AM
MJHanna   did you sinc the carbs? what jets are you running?   Apr 18 2006, 05:43 AM
jr91472   He dumped the 44's and is now running Dell 34...   Apr 18 2006, 07:02 AM
LowGT  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:00 PM