Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I actually saw another 914 this morning!, Black beauty w/ IL temp tags
aircooledboy
post Apr 18 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here in the great flat lands, seeing an unknown 914 is kinda like seeing Big Foot: It don't happen very often unless you are halucinating. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Nonetheless, as I turned from my country road onto the blacktop, what do I see but a black teener sporting some beautiful flares w/ external fastners (Dzus?), a euro Porsche /VW emblem on the back panel, and a new plate registration tag. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Even though I was going the other way, I swing a u turn, and catch up to him at the first stop light. At that point he was going straight, and I had to go right, but I did get a chance to tell him to come check us out here, and gave him my name and how to contact me. I hope he shows up, and introduces himself. I know out left, seeing another 914 ain't no thang, but here, it really was a rush. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hopefully another member for the Chicago area contingent. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) With the temp tags, it was probaby a recent sale. Does the car sound familiar to anybody?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drewvw
post Apr 18 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #2

new england car guy

Member No.: 5,630
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If I saw another 914 driving in boston, I would pull a U in traffic as well!

Seeing any old sports cars is awesome around here...everybody has a brand new BMW or Range Rover. Cads.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Apr 18 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

Drew,
you need to look at the schedule for the automotive museum in brookline, just outside boston.

all summer there are shows on the lawn..I know there is german car day, bmw show, porsche show, vw van show, italian car show...and more...

Lars Anderson museum of transportation
Brookline MA.

Rich
+Quote Post
drewvw
post Apr 18 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #4

new england car guy

Member No.: 5,630

Good idea rich. I've been through the museum but never to the shows...

One time we went by there at lunch and it was the day after a big auction. They couldn't get this Model T fired up so we helped them pop the clutch.

That's the only time I'll get to do that I think....
+Quote Post
sk8kat1
post Apr 18 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,937

holy crap !! really ... that makes what 4 - 5 out by us and between you an I we make 3 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I will keep an eye out for him too ..
+Quote Post
BigDBass
post Apr 18 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #6

Dumb Question Champion

Member No.: 5,405

Were you in your 914 or a "normal" car?
Track it down and keep us posted!
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Apr 18 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #7

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

Surely someone with that much work into their 914 would have heard about the non-club?

I had a sighting too. Last week, I-65N, a nice looking Delphi Green, big black bumpers, Michigan tags. Roof was off, guy with a shaved head was driving. I was in my other car at the time, or else he might have noticed, and there was too much traffic to try and shout out to him...
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Apr 18 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #8

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Apr 18 2006, 11:36 AM) *

Were you in your 914 or a "normal" car?
Track it down and keep us posted!

That's the great thing, only on a last second whim, I was driving my black 914. When I walked out to my shop, I literally had my hand on the door handle of the Oldsmobubble, and one of the many voices in my head said "dood, it's a little cool today, but you need some 914 seat time". So, I pulled the cover off the V8 and fired her up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) When the guy in the 914 passed me, he had a pretty funny look of amazement on his face when he waved to me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:54 PM