Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tow Vehicle Broken Into with Race Car attached!, Yikes...My stereo/GPS is gone..are the after Fritz?
drewvw
post Apr 22 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #21

new england car guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,630
Region Association: North East States

Totally sucks.

Reminds me of the notorious weakness on Gen II Golfs and Jettas...take a big freaking screwdriver and pry off the door handle and presto. I didn't know that worked so well with other cars...

Have yourself a nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) and relax....

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 22 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #22

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

unfortunately, a majority of cars are that easy to brake into. except the high dollar ones of course, but some of them have that low jack stuff. buying alarms, security devices and such are cool and preventitive steps are a good thing, but i'm now thinking of actually trying to catch the m'fer's in the act. i want to put the little punk in jail!!

this may not be a solution to your situation or when your not at home. but it would help for your front yard or wherever you decide to park your car at home.
check this out, this is what i'm doing. the usual motion sensor light but with a slight twist. i'm rigging a camera up to it. i want it to turn on the camera a few seconds before the lights come on. the reason being is the common response is to look back towards the light, and thus a nice picture of the perps face in all his/her glory! these idiots don't wear masks.

for what it's worth, sorry to hear about what happened. it sucks to have to think that everytime you get something nice for yourself, someone is gonna try and take it. "so now i have to get a alarm or some kind of security system" that's not how anyone should have to think or live. that sucks!!!!!
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Apr 22 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #23

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

I HATE THIEVES!!!! They take much more from you than just belongings.

+Quote Post
Rgreen914
post Apr 22 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,266

I probably shouldn't admit to this, but several years ago a couple of idiots tried to take my duallie from outside my condo and I ran them off with 125 grains of jacketed hollow-point (.357)! As the responding officer suggested (and as officially deemed), it was "an accidental discharge"! Using such a "hot load" would have not only done in the crook(s), but would have severely damaged my truck, had I been aiming at them, but it did serve the purpose and got their attention! I believe the 911 operator also heard the round as my wife was reporting the incident.

Ron
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Apr 22 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #25

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I just itemized some of the stereo/nav components damaged/missing after a trip to my installer. I'm looking at $2K of components to replace at today's prices. I'm not sure what the "stock" Chev stereo/CD book price is, but I doubt it's close....

On the plus side, I've already started the neighborhood watch up and I've got ideas for alarms, kill switches, etc. My next door neighbor has a high end shop for Italian cars and will wire me up a killer hidden "kill" switch that he does on Ferrari's. Gotta like that!

What a mess. Recovering is going to severly impact my race budget for a few months.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Bill P.
+Quote Post
TINCAN914
post Apr 22 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #26

Summer's Commin...

Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

F-ING BASTARDS!!!!
Catch em and cut there Nuts off!! Sorry man, BTDT, and it sucks... Hope they catch em...
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Apr 22 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

Bill, get a Pit bull with aids and keep him in the car at nights....sorry to hear man, that sux bigtime....
+Quote Post
Tom Perso
post Apr 23 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #28

Crazy from the Cold...

Member No.: 1,003

Bill,

Do you have receipts for your audio equipment. Show it to your insurance and let them know. If they don't know what you have, they won't cover it.

Sorry about the breakin. That's tough to deal with. I have a newly organinzed "mini-gang" of some kids who aren't even old enough to drive. They walk by my house all the time. I don't think they'll do anything bad, but I see 'em starting at my stuff and it bothers me...

Later,
Tom
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Apr 23 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #29

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tip and I will show the adjuster my receipts. I'm hoping they cover it. Believe it or not, most of the stuff was left in the car....(sub, speakers, nav brain, cd changer, dvd, etc) but the main head unit was taken. I was looking at more of the pics I took and the underside of the dash was really mucked up....I bet they just route a new harness up through the dash to save time.

Late last year there was a series of car thefts in our area for several months. Mostly honda civics and the like. It turned out to be a gang of two kids, ages 13 and 14. They would steal the cars and take whatever bling off the cars and just sell pieces for a few bucks. The cars would be found later still in running condition.

My race trailer now has cables running through all 4 tires and through the leaf shackles. Not fool proof, but a pain in the ass. And my neighbors continue to be cool. They were wondering how much a camera system would be that could capture not only there yards, but mine as well from their house. They know I race and are very supportive. I let their kids hang out with mine and help me with the cars sometimes.

Bad times sometimes make you feel good about the people around you, including here at the club.

Thanks!

Bill P.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 23 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #30

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Apr 23 2006, 08:43 AM) *

Bad times sometimes make you feel good about the people around you, including here at the club.

just ask! not that i have much to offer, but if you need help, you have my number ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Apr 27 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #31

My insurance gave me my check for the repairs on the Suburban after the vandalism.....$5413! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

The covered everything in the car, including my high end Alpine flip out.

I hope my insurance doesn't go up..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

The parts have been ordered and it starts getting worked on Monday.

What a waste...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Bill P.
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Apr 27 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #32

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413

I feel your pain.

I wake up or come home and expect stuff to be gone. It's still fresh.

KT
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 27 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #33

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My Jeep was stolen from infront of my house by some POS. Luckily, I was/am a starving college student and I only had enough gas to get to the station for more. The car conked out a few miles away. Then the jackass ripped my dash out to get to my $99 stereo that was not even bolted in. And to top it off he left the face on the passengers seat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Its OK to laugh. I still have the face.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 03:35 AM