Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hooray it's dead, :(
Brando
post Apr 23 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Okay okay... I swear my two cars can NOT get along. They're like siblings quarreling over my pity, I swear.

944 is up and running stellar -- I even got the headlights going up and down with some Elvis action (suggestion per clayton, uh-hey-hey).

Here's the ish on my 914 1.8 (ljet): Starts up, idles rough but above 900. Once the CSV and AAR are off/closed it will idle like shit, somewhere around *<500. I've been needing to do a tuneup on this car for quite some time. My thoughts are: Timing, points, then valve adjust and it will be all spiffy. I'm really hoping it's not a fuel delivery issue (but thats what it sounds like to me).

Luckily I can get 912E injectors for $50/ea NOS down the street.

Suggestions? I'm thinking it's almost time to find an early 944's harness and crap and migrate that over... blarf. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) D-Motronic FTW...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Apr 23 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #2

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

QUOTE(Brando @ Apr 23 2006, 09:43 AM) *

Okay okay... I swear my two cars can NOT get along. They're like siblings quarreling over my pity, I swear.

944 is up and running stellar -- I even got the headlights going up and down with some Elvis action (suggestion per clayton, uh-hey-hey).

Here's the ish on my 914 1.8 (ljet): Starts up, idles rough but above 900. Once the CSV and AAR are off/closed it will idle like shit, somewhere around *<500. I've been needing to do a tuneup on this car for quite some time. My thoughts are: Timing, points, then valve adjust and it will be all spiffy. I'm really hoping it's not a fuel delivery issue (but thats what it sounds like to me).

Luckily I can get 912E injectors for $50/ea NOS down the street.

Suggestions? I'm thinking it's almost time to find an early 944's harness and crap and migrate that over... blarf. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) D-Motronic FTW...

check your oil cap if it does not seal tight (no vacume leaks) it will screw up your L jet

Bernie
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Apr 23 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

why would you put 912E (200 cc bigger motor?) injetcors in?

check timing, valve adjust, plugs etc, points....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:59 PM