Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Megasquirt - Assistance Needed, Very strange problem
fiid
post May 2 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #41

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

I didn't take the time to look at your logfile yet, but heres a couple of things.

I had an MS running really nicely with the pertronix, but I also experienced RPM spikes - I cured these by using this setup.... I would at least thoroughly read the page through event if you don't implement the suggestion....
http://www.ep90.com/index.php?id=42

Also - I agree with the others - there's something funky between your two injector driver circuits. Perhaps you could run the engine with the scope attached to the two circuits and see if they look different.... they shouldn't other than the phasing (if you're doing alternate injections).

I'd also make sure you've read http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2/tune.htm all the way through - it talks through a reasonably complete tuning process and provides a lot of background to what's going on.

Hope this helps!

Fiid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yarin
post May 2 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #42

'14-X'in FOOL

Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(fiid @ May 2 2006, 11:36 AM) *

I didn't take the time to look at your logfile yet, but heres a couple of things.

I had an MS running really nicely with the pertronix, but I also experienced RPM spikes - I cured these by using this setup.... I would at least thoroughly read the page through event if you don't implement the suggestion....
http://www.ep90.com/index.php?id=42

Also - I agree with the others - there's something funky between your two injector driver circuits. Perhaps you could run the engine with the scope attached to the two circuits and see if they look different.... they shouldn't other than the phasing (if you're doing alternate injections).

I'd also make sure you've read http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2/tune.htm all the way through - it talks through a reasonably complete tuning process and provides a lot of background to what's going on.

Hope this helps!

Fiid.

RPM spikes are gone with a 1K pullup from (-) coil. I didn't have any low rpm rpm issues so no need for a dave cap. MS II has better tach filtering anyway.

For now i'm going to try to tune with 4 injectors on one bank. Once i'm tuned in i'll switch everything to the other bank and see what happens.

For now my only issues are:

Intake leak (idle at 27KPA, 800RPM with throttle plate hole blocked off... no normal)
Possible exhaust leak upstream of WBO2.

+Quote Post
yarin
post May 9 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #43

'14-X'in FOOL

Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

Still fiddling with this problem.

The engine idles a bit rough with all injectors on one bank (INJ2). When i switch them all over to INJ1 it runs pig rich, black out the exhaust, MAP up to 50 from 27KPA, needs a lot more air to maintain a really rough idle.

I just pulled apart my relay box, its all good. Continuity from injector connectors to DB37 at the brain is good. I even checked impedence looking into the brain through the cabling across the+12V source and signal with the power off. Equal.

I haven't driven the car with the existing setup since last week. But at idle when i rev the engine the AFR goes to max lean on decel. Even when rev up slowly and let off AFR goes near lean. When I had the injectors evenly spread across both banks i never had this issue. Not sure what it could be. Sadly it idles so much better on two fully functioning cylinders.

I'd really like to figure out why the 2nd bank doesn't work. I even checked the injector outputs on the stim using an oscilloscope. They look perfect.

What to do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 08:41 AM