Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WOT - NPC, Can an employer force you to travel?
jonwatts
post Apr 27 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #21

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

Steve, maybe it's time to tell them the truth about your fear of flying.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joea9146
post Apr 27 2006, 05:35 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 283
Region Association: None

I worked for GE for 16 years never had to put a dime out of pocket to travel. Your current management sounds like a butt head. As far as the severance package GE is not know for giving big buy outs. The packages other employess got were more than likely funded by your old company as part of the deal. So if your hanging around waiting for the Big payout dont count on it... Its time to move on
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 27 2006, 05:40 AM
Post #23

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 26 2006, 02:30 PM) *

Funny thing is I don't have a job description, and I have asked (almost begged) to be laid off. They (GE) aquired my old company and proceded to lay off 95% of the company. I don't have anything worthwhile to do anymore so I asked to be laid off 6 months ago - turns out I am to "valuable" to let go. The next few days will be interesting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

P.S. Never ever take a job at GE - it has been the worse job I have ever had by far. The management (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif) of this place is right out of Dilbert. I can't believe they make any money.

BTDT...

My wife worked (past tense) for a company that was bought out by GE. They did the same thing there. But we got a trip to Finland out of the deal.

Good luck... update your resume.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 27 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

BTDT...

My wife worked (past tense) for a company that was bought out by GE. They did the same thing there. But we got a trip to Finland out of the deal.

Good luck... update your resume.

I regret not taking Sherryl with me when I was sent to Ireland for a business trip....just didn't think about her going until it was too late....

914 content....I almost "always" wear a 914 related shirt while flying, well, the airline "misplaced" my luggage for a day and I had to go to Seagate (the customer) wearing a funky-16hour-flight-worn T-shirt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
Porcharu
post Apr 27 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 3,518
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 27 2006, 12:44 AM) *

Steve, maybe it's time to tell them the truth about your fear of flying.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And sinking - I just found out the meeting is on a cruise ship! The trip actually sounds like fun - if I didn't have a baby.

I worked for GE for 16 years never had to put a dime out of pocket to travel. Your current management sounds like a butt head. As far as the severance package GE is not know for giving big buy outs. The packages other employess got were more than likely funded by your old company as part of the deal. So if your hanging around waiting for the Big payout dont count on it... Its time to move on

I know the "package" isn't very good but I still want my 3 months! (almost 3 months - I would get 2 weeks plus one week for every year worked (9 years) so 11 weeks total plus medical for a year while unemployeed.
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Apr 27 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #26

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

Yup. A Special US Gub'ment Visa just for travel expenses. And a separate one for material purchases.

-Josh2

QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 26 2006, 03:54 PM) *

my employer, the US Government, requires that I acquire (based on PERSONAL CREDIT) and maintain a VISA specifically for "official use" - travel expenses really. Ask any Guvment worker about it...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 09:39 AM