Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (NPC) Fugging Protesters, Ruined my day...twice
campbellcj
post Feb 21 2003, 11:09 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Damn granola Topanga Canyon crowd came down from their tree houses in the hills, put on their Birkenstocks and Tie-Dyes, loaded up on soy chai lattes, and blocked PCH two evenings in a row.

Yesterday it took me a friggen HOUR to go 2 miles on the way home. Same shit today; not quite as bad but it took me 1.5 hours to go 25 miles where it's normally 45-60mph all the way.

I'm trying to figure out who I can write a nasty letter to and make sure they all got arrested and/or beaten and/or run-over.

They were actually gone by the time I got to their spot, otherwise I might have stains on my bumper now.

Sorry for the rant. After working all day this is crap I REALLY do not need and won't tolerate on public roads and lands that I pay a shitload of taxes to keep up...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 21 2003, 11:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

oh man, that's when you get an old pickup truck and pretend the brakes went out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

what are people like this in the world trying to prove? what I can never figure out about people like that is this...

there are countless places in the world where they can live in total peace. no SUV's, no smog, no crime, no environmental problems. YET, they insist on living in the absolute center of the very issues they whine about.

what a bunch of losers.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 21 2003, 11:54 PM
Post #3

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Feb 21 2003, 09:09 PM)
Sorry for the rant. After working all day this is crap I REALLY do not need and won't tolerate on public roads and lands that I pay a shitload of taxes to keep up...

the whole point is that IT IS SUPPOSED TO HURT.
otherwise no one would even notice. create unconvinience for the everyday, go to work, pay my taxes on time, do i smell good tonight, freaking robots like ..., well, you know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

now about this thing with YOUR taxes paying for road maintenance, i dunno where you live (supposedly CA), but i don't think ANY of your taxes goes into road maintenance. not here in CA anyways. heck, i've been to 3rd world countries, and their dirty roads had less pot-holes than any CA highway ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bhfast
post Feb 21 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #4

live it loud, balls out

Member No.: 48
Region Association: Southwest Region

OK.
what's orange and red and looks great on hippies??

FIRE!
Brian
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Feb 22 2003, 12:10 AM
Post #5

I can't Re Member

Actually they are just finishing repaving the canyon road I drive to/from work every day. Part of the $7,000 a year in property taxes I pay most definitely goes towards road work...the LA County Dept of Transportation probably has a bigger budget than some small nations. The streets where I live are mostly in great shape; then again, a lot of them are only 20-30 years old at the most.

If these people think they are making a positive difference in the world by fucking up the evening plans of thousands of people, they are absolutely WRONG. All they are doing is pissing people off and hurting whatever cause they are trying to promote.

They should get INVOLVED in politics or diplomacy or whatever, and actually DO something instead of standing around bitching and waving banners at people trying to get home to see their families.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 22 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #6

drive by next time and mace them out your window.
+Quote Post
Alfred
post Feb 22 2003, 01:45 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

QUOTE(bhfast @ Feb 21 2003, 09:58 PM)
OK.
what's orange and red and looks great on hippies??

FIRE!
Brian

LOL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Alfred
+Quote Post
scottb
post Feb 22 2003, 05:21 AM
Post #8

who wants a PEZ?!

Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

here here campbell!!!!!

but your logic for the whiners to get involved in in the political process is flawed. you see, they can't actually USE the system they are complaining about as that would make them part of the problem. the circular logic of the far left is quite interesting. it makes one wonder whether they actually want change or simply want to bitch a lot.

my brother has an old f250 but i think he is using it on the protesters in boulder co right now!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 22 2003, 08:16 AM
Post #9

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Chris,

Do you know what they were even bitching about?

I love the roads in your area! We used to go harley riding up there!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Man I miss warm weather!

Getting 2 snow storms this weekend 8 more inches! (so they say) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) :finger2: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) :finger2: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) :finger2:
+Quote Post
fuch toy
post Feb 22 2003, 09:34 AM
Post #10

Unregistered

What's black and brown and looks good on a protestor?

My doberman..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Our Mayor up here wears Birskenstocks and leads the godamned parade on the anti war protests......stoopid twat.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Feb 22 2003, 10:22 AM
Post #11

I can't Re Member

According to the radio they were anti-war protesters.

That is irrelevant to me - whether I agree with their bitches or not, I do not believe in disruptive, "negative" gatherings like that, deliberately planned to f* with other people. If they want to get together peacefully in somebody's back yard and hold hands while singing Kum-By-Ya, then more power to 'em.

Hey Sean -- yup, it's only 48F outside right now but it's heading up to about 70F today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 22 2003, 11:22 AM
Post #12

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I love living in the country! The last traffic jam we had here was last summer, when the neighbor’s cows got loose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If I need reminding of how much I hate the city, I just drive to Toronto during rush hour. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)

We have a stretch of highway called the ‘Don Valley Parkway’, everyone calls it the ‘Don Valley Parking Lot’. Protesters love to hit it, a 10min. protest will kill traffic for the whole day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
drew365
post Feb 22 2003, 11:41 AM
Post #13

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

There's a good cartoon in the L.A. Times today that kind of addresses both sides of this. It shows a protester about to get lynched by Hussein:

Protester: But you don't understand, I'm protesting against the war on Iraq.

Hussein: No, you don't understand, we don't allow any protests. What do you think this is America? :gilloutine:
+Quote Post
Don Wohlfarth
post Feb 22 2003, 11:55 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 117

Except for a couple years in Navy, I lived my entire life inside the beltway around DC. I may have seen more protests in a year or two than some have seen in a lifetime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
From the anti-war in the 60's, gays, AID's, Million Man, you name it and its been here.
The only one that really pissed me off was a couple years ago protesting the IMF and World Bank, the same group that raised hell in Seattle, the anarchists. They are truly evil people promoting the complete absence of government, disorder, and lawlessness. There should only be one way to deal with them. :gilloutine:
I must admit that it tickles me to hear you guys that live in the most liberal part of the US pissin' and moanin' because the protesters are infringing of your rights. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 22 2003, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

well, at least they (the protesters) have the balls to go out and do SOMETHING
instead of just sitting on their sorry ass watching the government piss away
several hundred BILLIONS of our tax money on a war that isn't going to help anybody.

Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Feb 22 2003, 02:16 PM
Post #16

and how is what they're doing going to help anyone or any cause? they are whiners out to make a small subset of the worlds population miserable with their childish pouting.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Feb 22 2003, 02:38 PM
Post #17

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

Balls? This requires a bit of definition.

Balls is steping off a landing craft at Omaha Beach.
Balls is popping up and shooting at these guys coming ashore after being shelled by a fucking battleship.
Balls is having the fortitude to put yourself in the position to do things like this, knowing that the only way out is:

To see it thru.

Get killed or maimed.

Balls is risking the most precious thing we have for the good of another.

I know people that have done this sort of thing.
None of them (except for a head case or 2) needed to prove their manhood by bar fighting or bungy jumping.

In my experience, committment to a cause thins out when mortal danger is involved (And the danger is recognized. Any fool can blunder into shit.). Those that "see it thru" have balls.

Maybe my stardards are too high.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Feb 22 2003, 02:45 PM
Post #18

I can't Re Member

My father-in-law took most of last year off work and away from the family to go run for US Senate as an Independent, against the "establishment". He was not able to pump much money into the campaign so had extremely minimal chances, but most of what was spent came right out of his own bank account, not from PAC and lobbyist money. His wife also took a year off work, unpaid, to support the effort. He gave speeches, radio and TV interviews in different towns all over the state to various audiences. In order to get on the ballot (which he did) they had to drum up 5,000 individual signatures, and validate them as legitimate registered voters, IIRC. Unfortunately the status-quo prevailed and the incumbant is still in office there.

Now THAT is what I call getting involved instead of just bitching and moaning.

I can't say I have done anything like that, yet, but when my family and business obligations allow, I will be glad to pitch in and help try to improve our country in some meaningful way.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 22 2003, 02:56 PM
Post #19

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Atleast in this country you can still protest, have you read about in Venezuala that 2 of the protest leaders were killed/arrested by the Secret Police?
I would rather have the right to protest, to air my view without jail time or worse. That's what my father fought for in WW2 and my Grandfather in WW1.
I don't like protesters blocking freeways and roads thats plain stupid and pisses everyone off without making their point.
Geoff
+Quote Post
seanery
post Feb 22 2003, 03:38 PM
Post #20

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I vote.

Whiners who don't vote shut up and don't bitch!

VOTE!

That's the only way you can change things in this country. PERIOD.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:50 PM