Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I just got my first teener on Thursday!
DerekKim
post Apr 28 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,635

Hello everyone. I have posted a few times on here but mainly lurked for a while now. I have been in the process of buying a 914 for the last month and a half or so. Mainly a waiting game. I just picked up a 1973 1.7L from a man in Texas(Thanks Mr. Joehnk!). We were going to drive it back to our home in Gulfport MS but decided after some hassle with the trailer lighting etc to drive it home. Boy was it an awesome experience. I drove it the whole way home with the windows rolled down. enjoying the car and the open road. We ran into a few minor problems like the speedo kicking out and an exhaust issue which resulted in a loud(kind of tough) sounding exhaust hehe. All I can say is wow! I couldn't understand what the big deal was about driving one. At first it was awkward and all with the first gear to you and back but boy is it fun to go from 1st to second. And the driving. Super stable on the interstate plus around town driving with it's spunkiness just rocks! I haven't opened it up yet much and I don't want to just yet but taking the corners a tad spiritedly is so much fun. And I get people looking at it all the time which was kind of awkward the first couple of times. I actually had a lady come up to me and ask me what kind of car it was and received compliments on the beauty of it. There is nothing quite like driving this car. I had big plans to tear into it right away and start redoing the whole thing. But for right now... I think I will just do a few minor things and enjoy the driving experience. I had to move a few of my cars around tonight and one was hard to sit in (maxima) and the other was hard to get the shift right(isuzu pup). Dare I say it I don't know if I can drive another car the same way! Maybe a little bit about myself now? My name is Derek. I'm 16 years young and living with the parents(no rent!). I am going to an auto colision repair course at the community college here and picking up some academic classes next semester. I enjoy driving and wrenching. I work at Gulf coast Rhino Linings. The Isuzu pup I mentioned earlier has been rhino'd completely on the outside in a purple to silver fade job. I guess that's pretty much it. I know all of you are probably getting stoked.... well at least I am. and I'm sure you guys are interested to see pictures. Well it has to wait because I don't think the picture will come out very well right now. Plus she's all dirty from her trip and needs a good cleaning. Well it's time for bed. the sooner I go to bed the sooner I can start driving Bernadette again!

Derek
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DerekKim   I just got my first teener on Thursday!   Apr 28 2006, 11:31 PM
effutuo101   :wttc: Congrats! but as you know... :ttiwwp:...   Apr 28 2006, 11:43 PM
GWN7   Great intro post.....can't wait to see the pic...   Apr 29 2006, 12:14 AM
Gint   :wttc: :ttiwwp: Hi Derek! 914's are v...   Apr 29 2006, 06:47 AM
DNHunt   Welcome Bernadette Hmm. I can't help it, the ...   Apr 29 2006, 07:04 AM
watsonrx13   Derek :wttc: and welcome to the wonderful world of...   Apr 29 2006, 07:50 AM
DerekKim   Good morning everyone. I will try and got some pic...   Apr 29 2006, 08:44 AM
cooltimes  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:40 PM