Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> More detailing tips?, Odd materials
Pat Garvey
post May 2 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Ok, we're hearing from consumer products people use to detail their 914's. What about "special" cleaning tools?

I seem to have a penchant for medical products.

There are these things called "blood rags" - you know, the things they often forget to remove after surgery! These are basically made from cotton diaper like material with a string on one corner. They're really great for cleaning in the engine bay & those hard to reach areas because they're thin & absorbant. The more they're washed, the better they get - don't use fabric softener.

Another favorite, only used at a show/concours is this HUGE Q-tip that proctologists use (so I'm told). It's about 12" long & perfect for cleaning exhaust pipes (inside). Sort of gives you the view from the other side, if you know what I mean. They're also great for reaching into the rear openings of the rocker panels & other hard to reach areas. Is that anal, or what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Pat Garvey   More detailing tips?   May 2 2006, 09:45 AM
Pat Garvey   What? Did I hurt somone's sensitivity/feeling...   May 2 2006, 07:30 PM
tod914   Toothbrush's havent explored other personal hy...   May 2 2006, 07:41 PM
Ferg   Not so much a product, but when I wet wash the car...   May 3 2006, 10:06 AM
tod914   i use the edge of a paper towel for that ferg, see...   May 3 2006, 10:51 AM
Kargeek   The non lint surgery towels are perfect for cleani...   May 4 2006, 04:16 PM
Seagrave   Another useful tool are dental pics. Yeah, that...   May 4 2006, 07:00 PM
Brew   When removing or replacing lug nuts/bolts, I use a...   May 7 2006, 03:02 PM
Pat Garvey  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 03:15 AM