Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's got Becker/Blaupunkt radio ?
VaccaRabite
post Jun 2 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Jun 1 2006, 03:28 PM) *

Just a follwup to say that every GD person who has ever sold anything on EBay is sleaze !!! Yes, every one of them. I got the radio yesterday, and it's a Europa (mono) not a Europa II (stereo). The ad never claimed that it was stereo. I foolishly jumped to that conclusion when I saw the front plate containing the words "Europa II stereo". Silly me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) I sell stuff on ebay? You call'n me a sleeze? Best smile when you say that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

In all seriousness, contact the seller, point out the problem, and see if a return or somehting can be worked out. If not, post bad feedback for him and report him to eBay for misrepresenting the item. If you paid via paypal, you may be able to open a dispute and get your money back that way.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jsteele22
post Jun 2 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,653

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 2 2006, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Jun 1 2006, 03:28 PM) *

Just a follwup to say that every GD person who has ever sold anything on EBay is sleaze !!! Yes, every one of them. I got the radio yesterday, and it's a Europa (mono) not a Europa II (stereo). The ad never claimed that it was stereo. I foolishly jumped to that conclusion when I saw the front plate containing the words "Europa II stereo". Silly me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) I sell stuff on ebay? You call'n me a sleeze? Best smile when you say that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

In all seriousness, contact the seller, point out the problem, and see if a return or somehting can be worked out. If not, post bad feedback for him and report him to eBay for misrepresenting the item. If you paid via paypal, you may be able to open a dispute and get your money back that way.

Zach

Yeah, I've got some stuff I'm gonna sell on Ebay some day; just haven't gotten around to it. I've actually had pretty good luck on Ebay ever since it started; only this past year did I start running into problems.

I actually don't know if this was an intentional sleaze job, or a kinda sorta accidental sleaze job. I went back and read the add, and all it claimed was that it was a radio and that it worked - never claimed in words that it was a stereo. The front panels are interchangeable, so there's no way of knowing if this person did the switch or someone previous. Anyway, I hooked it up and it works fine, so I think I'll just leave it at that. I've got enough other hassles going on right now. And in a teener I don't know if I would notice the diff between mono and stereo anyways.

As a bonus, I just learned that the antenna in my car, which I though was broken off or missing a piece, is actually one of those "locking" antennas; I just had to grap the slot with a small screwdriver and pull the antenna up. Saved myself $5.98. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:21 PM