Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Next problem. BOOM, but not running, WTF now?
Dr Evil
post May 23 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #21

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Alrighty gents,
Y'all are smart as you have told me to do what I have already done in a previous thread. It is nice to have agreement, though.

My timing is correct (or 180 out, but that is no issue to fix). I was wondering about the massive fuel, which was me unplugging the wrong thing. I have no computer for this engine so no prob there.

I am pretty sure that tomarrow when I unplug the CSV and plug in the WUR I will experience success.

Dan, I think I am going to Stroudsburg to visit my folks on Sat. Too bad as I am a huge wingnut. Thanks for the offer. Maybe you can come by on Sun still. I'll look into it.

Thank you all for your brainstorming, lets see what happens tomarrow
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post May 23 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #22

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Please help me generate a check list for what to look at and adjust. Could it be 180 out and still act like this? Do I have a rare crank that changes my firing order (ya right)?

I am wondering why this is being so damn difficult. I wonder if the shop put the cams on the wrong side, or if I am missing some pistons

Worst Case
Are the cams correct #1 compression #4 at overlap.
If they are both timed for compression at TDC #1, one side will run the motor while the other side pops and snaps loudly.
pull of 4,5,6 plug wires if it runs barely no poppin there you go.
Saw it once. Like I said wosrt case throwing out stuff. probably something simple, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 09:33 PM