Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Historian Questions, Please Help With a few easy ones for you guys!
19144jt
post May 25 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,829

Hi Guys!

I have a 1975 that I am backdating the bumpers on. Now you can picture the car I have these questions on.

1. I came upon and purchased a limited edition front spoiler and it appears to use the same mounting location as the front valence. Were the spoilers put in in place of the front valence or in addition to (over the top of) the front valence? Did the spoilers all come in semi-gloss black or were they ever painted the same color as the car or some other color altogether?
2. Did all steel bumpers come in chrome or were there ever painted ones from the factory? I see several black ones but don’t know if this was stock.
3. Did all 914’s come with sail vinyl or were some painted same color as the car? I have heard that only some limited edition cars came with the vinyl on the sails and if that is true then would it be politically incorrect to have the limited edition spoiler but not the sail vinyl? I’m afraid I just don’t care for the sail vinyl that much but I am trying to make the car as stock as possible.
4. Were passenger exterior mirrors (the chrome type) ever offered? If so is it a different mirror than the driver’s side or do you simply turn it around? I am confused here because Performance Products offers drivers and passengers side (two different numbers) but Automobile Atlanta only offers drives side but I think I read some place in their catalog that it could be used for either side.

I would sure appreciate any info from you 914 historians and concurs enthusiasts.

Thanks, John
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
19144jt   914 Historian Questions   May 25 2006, 02:10 PM
type47   1 - ? don't know 2 - appearance group bumpers...   May 25 2006, 02:18 PM
grasshopper   1. well, I assume you have a fiberglass LE valence...   May 25 2006, 02:21 PM
19144jt   Ah...grasshopper. so it is actually called an LE v...   May 25 2006, 02:32 PM
lapuwali   The steel bumpers were chrome or painted BLACK (ex...   May 25 2006, 02:40 PM
Bleyseng  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:49 PM