Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGR points classifications proposed changes for 914s next season, what do you GGR folks think?
J P Stein
post Jun 1 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #21

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

I trailered a guy home from AX after his motor blew....an 04, BTW.

I know another guy that got away with AXing the snot out of an earlier Boxster....then sold it.

Brad has it right, throw away motors.....he runs em' cause he ain't paying for it, of course. OPM is always easy to talk about or spend.

A crap shoot, me thinks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jun 1 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #22

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

There are lots of Boxsters running Slicks around the country....several have been for sale on the Babblers and Renntech over the last couple of years. I dont know their names but they have been club racing with Boxsters on Slicks...with very big GT3 flares etc.

Again...most of the warning has to do with the Factory not wanting to support Boxster racing in any form....might as well make it as negative a possible for them.
Can't have a lowly Boxster beating the factory cash cow.

Besides the difference between really sticky DOTRs like hoosiers and slicks is pretty slim at best now.

NASA doesnt even differentiate between the two in several of their classes now, and I think POC does the same...You can run either type in the same class.

And the blown engines are mostly to do with RMS issues....not really a blown engine.
Yes their are some blown engines, what happened when the factory first started to race the 996s...blown engines and then they figured out it was due to the oil pumps.
and they have dry sumps.

as I said before just my personal opinion.

Are 914s great AX cars....without a doubt....can they be beaten by newer cars such as a well set up Boxster or Cayman or 911? I would say yes.
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Jun 2 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #23

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Are 914s great AX cars....without a doubt....can they be beaten by newer cars such as a well set up Boxster or Cayman or 911? I would say yes.

Not this Saturday... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

KT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 4 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #24

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

Fianally I would always put my money on a 914 that shared the same power to weight ratio to a Cayman or Boxster due to the huge weight and lower center of gravity advantage the 914 holds over those cars. 914's were built before safety regulations forced Porsche to build taller/heavier cars.

i'm with you on the weight being a major issue in its own right, but holy shit those caymans look fast and balanced right out of the box. develop those things, mount some slicks, and they should eat 914s for breakfast. 35 years of suspension development is worth a lot.

in any case, i'd love to see what i could do in a new cayman/987/997.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:49 PM