Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need to repair battery grounding post, ...and I don't have easy access to welder
Chris Pincetich
post May 29 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #1

B-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

This morning I tried to replace the short negative ground strap from the battery to the ground post, just to get a nice shiny connection in prep for a possible tech inspection next weekend. Just as I was almost done unscrewing the nut, the post sheared off from the body and is now just wiggling in there - can't tighten it. I *searched* for solutions and it seems the easy fix is to get a longer ground strap and bolt it to the top of the fan shround near the coil. I'd rather just fix the post and have the battery grounded in the same stock location.

Has anybody successfully reached this post and fixed it from inside of the fender as suggested in the post below??? I'd like to run a new bolt then double nut the ground strap back onto this new bolt in the stock location.

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ May 31 2005, 12:44 PM) *

I bet we can get the remaining stud out or grind it flush then install a new one. One thing I didn't think of was looking at the back side of it (from the wheel well). This could be pretty easy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ChrisNPDrider   Need to repair battery grounding post   May 29 2006, 10:15 AM
wbergtho   I'd braze a new one in myself...but if you hav...   May 29 2006, 11:23 AM
GeorgeRud   If there'w nothing blocking the location from ...   May 29 2006, 11:39 AM
ChrisNPDrider   :bump: Has anybody actually accessed the back of ...   May 29 2006, 06:41 PM
ejm  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:24 AM