Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dumbshit, AX saga, 06/04/06, Poland
J P Stein
post Jun 5 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

Since nobody else wrote about their AX experience at the ORPCA AX this last
sunday, I guess it's up to me.

I got up at Odark:30 and it was rainin'.....sigh....but I gotta haul the trailer & set the course up (with some help from my friends), so off we go leaving the shitbox warm & dry in the shop. That was about the last smart thing that I did that day.

It quit raining befre I got to PIR and about 8ish the sun actually came out & started drying things off a bit....ya'll know where this in going, right? Sure, off we go to get the effin' car....

Brit & I were in the second run grope. The course was drying nicely as the first group ran.......but there were clouds to the West coming our way.
Brit was first out in our group as the weather closed in and got the fast run to that point. It was raining lightly by the time I saddled up.Humm...now I remember why they call them slicks. Halfway thru the run, the clouds opened up.....I hab no top, windshield wipers or other modern conveniences, ya know.....and it's coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock....a regular frog strangler....so I slither around to a very slow time taking time to hit a cone....I'm coming to the finish when I realise that when I slow down I'm really gonna get wet, so I did and I did.
Whad'da dumbshit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rough_Rider
post Jun 5 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Smurf Zone

Member No.: 2,547

What can we say. yep it rained yep I killed cones for the entire 914club team.

Boy was it fun, slicks, no brakes, extremly tight course.

If anyone has pictures it be great to see. Plus can someone scan the course map?
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Jun 5 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #3

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I don't like the rain... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/froggy.gif)

KT
+Quote Post
mskala
post Jun 5 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #4

R

Member No.: 79
Region Association: None

I don't like the rain either, had some here in morning. It took me
about 9 seconds of driving this year before spinning.

At our sunday's event there was a Ford Focus with giant cantilevers
and he looped it about 5 times. A good show (since I wasn't on
the cone crew at that time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Jun 5 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #5

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

Hey, if you guys didn't break your cars you did better than I did this weekend. On the first couple runs the car was putting out huge puffs of smoke around hard corners. Parked it for the rest of the day in the hopes I could still make it home.
Turned out to be nothing serious, since the car sat in the rain so much the weeks before the oil bath air cleaner filled up with water and the combination of WOT, hard cornering, and a full mixture of oil and water in the cleaner dumped a bunch of nasty stuff in the intake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

On the drive home something started rattling in the back end when I got on and off the throttle. I was hoping it was just a CV joint, but those are all fine. The drivers side output stub of the transmission was actually loose! It moves freely in and out (even though the expansion bolt is tight) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I can only assume that something really took a shit in the differential. Now I have a couple transmissions apart on my workbench, one with a good differential and one with a good gearstack...sounds like it will work to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Jun 5 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

glad you made it home safely with no further problems JP!

you'll dry off.
so at least be happy about that...

you ought to come visit out here in the great desert...
(less rain)

brant
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Jun 5 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #7

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

PDX A/X LAST WEEKEND

It rained on the second run group........ hard. (Badass rainy smilie here)

Good 914 turn out. Trevor, JP, Brit, Jim Chambers, Cassidy Bolger and his new 914 from Camp 914, Pamela and I. No pics this time.

Here is scan of the course:

Attached Image

So, we ran with slicks in the rain. Actually, my right foot control was better this weekend. I'm still really trippin' on the 3.2 power, hard to let off the gas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Only one 360 this last weekend. Course was really tight, lots of push, .....slow down dumb shit! Rode with Brittain in the little "65 HP" 1.7, he has, when JP put the shitbox away for a while, cause it was getting wet. He must have plowed 2 cones unintentional and 10 more just because. I was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Brittain then rode with me, I'm trying to learn the fast line from him. Brittain is fast. He had TTOD until the local hot shoe ripped one off in the wet in a well prepared 911.

All in all, not a bad day, unless your JP. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
My other buddies played golf in the rain. I'd rather race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

This a/x shit is mucho fun.
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Jun 6 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Lets put a little background behind the times at this event. I had TTOD in my first and only run. Unfortunately, a local guy beat me by 1/10th after his 8th run or so. Oh well, I will get him next time.

-Britain
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jun 6 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #9

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

OMG I thought I was going to piss my pants after reading JP's tale of the gully washer.

I have come into habit of leaving the top on my car for AX and road course. It may look cool with it off but I am convinced that the car is faster with it on and dryer it the sky opens up in the middle of a run.

Has happened to me before too. Trying to get the wipers on an fiddle with defrost blower while screaming through the cones is a not so easy task.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:08 PM