Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I'm RICH!!!!!!
jtf914
post Sep 30 2003, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58
Region Association: North East States

Alright I lied, I’m not rich, but my 2.0 E spec 6 is doing pretty well for itself. I’m running out of ideas, and I’ve wasted a lot of time/money trying to figure this out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) , and I'd rather be driving.

The car runs great, pulls strong, the idle is solid, and no popping once it is warmed up, but I have to run the mixture screws out around 4 – 4 ½ turns to keep the engine running consistent. I’ve used PMO’s tuning instructions as well as Wayne’s, and every variation I have heard from others. Here’s the engine specs:

Original 914-6 engine rebuilt to E specs
Mechanical Advance Bosch Dist
Crane xr700 optical ignition
New coil, wires, NGK BP5ES plugs
Webers – 55 idles, 120 mains, 30mm venturies, 170 air correction, F1 emulsion tubes

The webers have been cleaned/rebuilt many times, pump volumes set at .6cc’s, float level set with the proper tool while the engine was idling. Carbs balanced at 1200/3000. Fuel regulator/guage showing constant 3.5lbs of pressure. I’ve tried 60 idles, but didn’t really help, and PMO said there was no reason I shouldn’t be able to run 55’s, and said my jetting was adequate for a 2.0E.

Valves adjusted, and the timing is set at 35 deg full advance at 6000rpm.

The problem when I lean it out:
The engine will idle when the mixture screws are 2 ½ turns out, but I get lean pop out the intakes, and once I rev the engine, it will not return to idle, it will just hang around 1800 – 2000. Once I get around 3 – 3 ½ turns and hit the throttle it will slowly return to idle, and at 4 – 4 ½ turns the throttle response becomes crisp.

What do I try next??? Has anyone else ever had this problem??

Thanks,
Justin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Justin Fischer   I'm RICH!!!!!!   Sep 30 2003, 09:51 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:20 PM