Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> can i put '73 1.7 complete wiring in a 74 2.0?, is it going to be any harder than trying to find the short(s?) in my e
monkei
post Jun 18 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #1

slave to rust....

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,504

so i have a wiring harness with crumbled connections and broken wires. last time i tried to start my 74 2.0 914 after gutting the interior i hooked up the battery only to discover magic smoke coming from near my aternator out of the fan shroud.
im wondering, rather than try and discover this short and then repair/replace countless crappy connections on a crappy harness would it be better to go through and remove the old one so i can prime paint more completely and then replace it with the complute used harness. the harness i have a line on is from a 73 1.7 which is also a d-jet but im wondering if the computers have different pinouts and such.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:35 AM