Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rear Swaybar Ball Joints, how do you connect to'm?
Bruce Allert
post Oct 6 2003, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Hellions asleep

Group: Members
Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I found the hardest thing about the rear sway install was puting the end cups of the sway bar on to the ball joint end of the shock bolt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pain30.gif) Without a portable press all I had was my sawed off (shotgun) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (No...) shovel handle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Wedged it up into the wheelwell with the middle of it on the sway bar end cup and both feet on the opposite tire, then, with all my might, pulled & pulled and, finally it poped on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) whew (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) bet I dead lifted 200#'s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
It was all worth it cuz, this mornin' I took it out and what a difference (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) simply put... this is better than I thought (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
AX this Sunday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Hope it don't rain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
bruce
P.s. wellcome back 914world.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Oct 6 2003, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

Beat them on with a rubber mallet
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Oct 6 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Hellions asleep

I thought of that Chris but there wasn't enough room to get a good swing at 'em. I shore do like the way it corners now. Went out on some 15 mph twisties this morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif) As far as I can tell the understeer is not there. I couldn't do what we do at the track for fear of hit'n the ditch but I did get some slide & drift outta it WOOHOO! 2nd gear at 4K felt great!
bruce
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Oct 6 2003, 09:39 PM
Post #4

on a Sonoma diet now...

Member No.: 39

QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Oct 6 2003, 01:51 PM)
I found the hardest thing about the rear sway install was puting the end cups of the sway bar on to the ball joint end of the shock bolt

Bruce,

If you have to do it again, you might try what I discovered.

After I gave up trying to hammer it on, I bought a 6 inch C-clamp. Put one end of the clamp against the link socket, and the other end around the shock. Slowly tighten the clamp. The clamp will want to slip off the socket so you have to keep it in place with your other free hand. Keep tightening the clamp and PRESTO! It will pop right into place.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Oct 6 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #5

Hellions asleep

Holy Crap (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) now why didn't I think of that? How frigg'n simple (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) and, to think, I had a C clamp holding my drill press to the bench. The very drill press I used to drill a pilot hole on one of the sway bar brackets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
thanks Joseph (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
bruce
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Oct 7 2003, 06:32 AM
Post #6

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

I used a nylon strap, wrapped it around and twisted with a short piece of pipe like a turniquet. Couldn't keep the C-clamp straight.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Oct 7 2003, 07:35 AM
Post #7

Hellions asleep

Even tho I walk a lot in my job I don't get enough exercise. After doing stuff like this on the teener (grunting & heavy physical things) I really feel good... mentally & physically. So, this car is good for more than just pouring $$$ into, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
bruce
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 05:04 AM