Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And you think you had a bad day!, just my luck...
VaccaRabite
post Jun 28 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 28 2006, 07:33 PM) *

Gotta love this time of year. It is the only time our weather does anything exciting. Wind and thunderstorms every night for the next week here in AZ. They are usually in and out in about 2 hours.

We just got about a foot of rain here in PA over the past few days. Some frineds are watching the deleware river rise and wondering if thier house is going to flood or not.

You can have our rain for the rest of the week. We don't want it!

PS, pineapple vodka is better with rum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LvSteveH
post Jun 28 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #22

I put the Poor in Porsche

Group: Members
Member No.: 600

I only live a couple blocks from Keith, and we live up on the foothills of the Vegas Valley. I've had several weird storms over the last couple years.

When I was driving home yesterday I could see this huge black storm wall from 10 miles away, and it was right over my neighborhood. As I go closer and closer, it was just this giant black wall, once second it was clear, and as soon as you crossed the threshold, you could only see 10 feet in any direction. The damn thing didn't move, just sat there for quite a while. Little did I know that it was kicking Keith's ass.

A couple years ago, out of nowhere, a system perched itself above our area and a deluge fell from the sky. I've been through hurricanes in New Orleans, and tornados in Texas, but I've never seen a swimming pool full of water dumped on top of my house. There were not rain drops, just sheets and buckets pouring in a 1/2 mile circle. My dad didn't get wet at all and he's only a couple minutes away. I got about two years worth of rain in 10 minutes. I thought the world was ending.

Oh, and I've been a bad 914 buddy to Keith. I live close but am months behind on my own projects, and working too many hours to do anything about it. Sorry Man. Maybe we can have a BBQ some day soon........ oops... scratch that.
+Quote Post
WRX914
post Jun 29 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #23

2.5 WRX STI hybrid powered beast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,771
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Jun 28 2006, 10:41 PM) *

I only live a couple blocks from Keith, and we live up on the foothills of the Vegas Valley. I've had several weird storms over the last couple years.

When I was driving home yesterday I could see this huge black storm wall from 10 miles away, and it was right over my neighborhood. As I go closer and closer, it was just this giant black wall, once second it was clear, and as soon as you crossed the threshold, you could only see 10 feet in any direction. The damn thing didn't move, just sat there for quite a while. Little did I know that it was kicking Keith's ass.

A couple years ago, out of nowhere, a system perched itself above our area and a deluge fell from the sky. I've been through hurricanes in New Orleans, and tornados in Texas, but I've never seen a swimming pool full of water dumped on top of my house. There were not rain drops, just sheets and buckets pouring in a 1/2 mile circle. My dad didn't get wet at all and he's only a couple minutes away. I got about two years worth of rain in 10 minutes. I thought the world was ending.

Oh, and I've been a bad 914 buddy to Keith. I live close but am months behind on my own projects, and working too many hours to do anything about it. Sorry Man. Maybe we can have a BBQ some day soon........ oops... scratch that.

Hell Steve, don't worry about it... Do you need help with yours? I am just a shout away. Mine is coming along well, this weekend we are trying to get it running. The interior is almost complete, and should be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) soon!

Keith
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 05:33 PM