Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> idf a/f idle mixture needle screws, chasing persistant prob
rhodyguy
post Jun 30 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

still chasing it. i replaced the the mallory cap and rotor.

1. persistant rough idle.
2. loss of power while climbing grades.
3. when i turn the screws in on the 1/2 cyl carb the idle quality change is not as appearent as the other carb.
4. coming to a stop the idle will fall way down and slowy pick up.

the newer looking one is on the left ( out of one of the 44s i have) and the one on the right is the style currently in the car. very obvious design difference. o ring sealing the screws are flattend out and look suspicious.

does anyone know if the port design was changed during production? will the "newer" needle work as a replacement of the "old" style, or just swap out the the o-ring? old ring is on the left. my thought is a defective ring would let air sneak through giving an inacurate adj on the mixture

plug pict is of one from the "bad" side of the engine and has about 500 miles on it. electrode is clean, color seems about right, so i think the "spark" is not an issue.

thoughts?

k

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:51 AM