Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Parts Vaults, post all your upgrades and common failure points
McMark
post Jul 1 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I just added a new feature to the site and I'm looking for feedback. I've been pondering how best to try and build a 914 parts "encyclopedia" for some time. My first thought was to build a custom software solution, but then I realized that I could use the software we already have in a "creative" way.

The Parts Vault

There are strict rules in this forum. Think of every thread as it's own book on a particular part. Pull one off the shelf and read up on what other people have discovered about that part. In the future, the threads in this forum could also be linked to clickable parts breakdown images. So you could browse through images of the rear suspension, click on a part and be taken to all the information on that part.

I think it will be a great addition to the site. I realize that a lot of our members don't have access to part numbers. I will be adding part numbers with descriptions and pictures from the parts manual as I get time. I encourage members who have the PET and ability to cut and paste images of the parts to help out adding new threads.

I have no idea how this departure from the norm is going to play out. I'm very excited about it and I hope others are as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Jumpy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 1 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

I'm down with that. This will give me something to do while I'm supposed to be working.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:06 PM