Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Factory Tool P304 - do you want one?, Rear trunk hood spring lever
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 1 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I recently researched all the factory 914 tools for my webpage (see link in my signature below), which now indexes every 914-specific tool I have located to date.

Mark Heard (914Sixer) kindly lent me his OEM Tool P304 rear trunk hood spring lever tool to document. This tool is no longer available to buy new and it works Great! We've all seen the Rube Goldberg alternatives using modified crescent wrenches and socket wrenches, and those things scare me. The length of the lever arm is too short making the work very hard and there is a good chance the spring will slip off. This spring is dangerous and there is nothing like the real tool.

The lever is almost 15 inches long made of 3/8" steel plate, with two precision machined notches. So I had it duplicated at a local fabricator for my own use and will make these available to others. They didnt charge me any more (its mostly labor) to make them out of 1/2 inch material, so the tool I had made is 30% stronger becasue of the extra thickness.

If you want one, paypal me $70. which includes the tool and US shipping at bowlsby@sbcglobal.net

I will get these made up and shipped right away.

Here are some photos:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jeff Bowlsby   Factory Tool P304 - do you want one?   Jul 1 2006, 09:44 AM
SirAndy   :trophy: i cut my hood springs a long time ago, ...   Jul 1 2006, 02:24 PM
BigDBass   I thought Z was the tool?   Jul 1 2006, 06:11 PM
jimtab   To all who have used my "tool" on their ...   Jul 1 2006, 07:47 PM
Leo Imperial  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:12 AM