Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Replacing the carpet today..., Anything special I should know?
dagdal1967
post Jul 3 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #1

What are YOU looking at...

Group: Members
Member No.: 423

I'm going to be replacing the carpet today in my '74 with center console. Anything special that I should know/look out for so I don't drive myself crazy and so it won't take ALL DAY! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Also going to be refinishing the Targa top and getting ready for new speakers and the electric window kit I bought. But Carpet is job 1 today.

Any tips and pointers would be appreciated!

Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Jul 4 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

lay out all the peices so you can match to one you just removed. I had some trouble around the ebrake handle area. Getting the chunks out below the mechinism was a PITA. I didnt take the handle off...
Have you upgraded you floorboard yet? If not, I wouldnt glue the driver side down around the pedals yet, or use some velcro.

Just some misc ramblings, one last one, open the garage door those glue fumes are strong! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 04:04 PM