Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Almost no airflow through Unisyn - what's this mean?
smontanaro
post Jul 4 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My /6 (original 2.0L) idles kinda rich. I decided I'd see if I could do something about it today. Got out my trusty Unisyn and my 8mm wrench. The instructions I have said to set the Unisyn based on the left rear (#6) throat and adjust it so the red ball is about halfway up the tube. Alas, I had to screw the adjuster in almost all the way to get the ball to move at all and the engine didn't stumble at all. I messed with the idle air screw to get it up to the first line (still with the Unisyn's adjuster nearly fully closed). The other throats all seemed to flow enough air to pick the ball up easily, and the obstruction caused by the Unisyn caused the engine to stumble at idle.

That suggests to me that there's something fishy w/ #6. What does it suggest to the experts among you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (Non-experts with wild-ass guesses are welcome to chime in as well... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))

Thx,

Skip
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
smontanaro   Almost no airflow through Unisyn - what's this mean?   Jul 4 2006, 12:09 PM
rhodyguy   something is not allowing the air to be pulled thr...   Jul 4 2006, 12:17 PM
ClayPerrine   Run a compression test and a leakdown test. I wou...   Jul 4 2006, 12:18 PM
rhodyguy   or maybe a valve that's way out of adj? k   Jul 4 2006, 12:33 PM
9146986   I'd pitch the Unisyn and get a STE. STE airfl...   Jul 5 2006, 07:56 AM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:41 AM