Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Steel Flared Official Story and Build Thread, As long as the $$$ Lasts and the Wife gets a New Merced
hwgunner
post Jul 11 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #21

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

I was searching the internet one day looking for nothing in particular, except Porsche parts, and came across a 1973 914 steel flared roller for sale. Just what I needed. Contacted the seller and asked all my questions. Tried to talk myself out of it and called the seller back the next day. We set up a time for me to make the trip to see the car, and as it turns out, the rest was history. Couldn't go see the car the first time I agreed nor the second. Made a third date and I got the big "NO" from my better half. Needless to say the seller was not too happy but what was I supposed to do? I learned from my mistakes is what I did. Forgot about the car but kept trolling the internet, as I do, between listing things on Ebay. One night I jumped over here after having a good weekend and saw this car in the classifieds. Skipped passed it and then started wondering if it was the one that I had learned my lesson on. Asked a few questions of the new seller and sure enough it was the car I so wanted months earlier. Asked a few more questions of the seller to confirm what I had been told about the car by the first guy and things jived so I made arrangements to send the payment without going to see the car. Next I tried to make arrangements to get the car transported home. This is a whole nother story but I did get the car after about 6 weeks. Then I told the wife I was getting another car, this is not un-common as I buy junkers and sell the parts on ebay, and she hemmed and hawed a bit but finally dropped it. 6 weeks later the car shows up and she says "What's that?" and I remind her that I told her I was getting another car. All's cool at LOOSMotorsports and I got THE car. DA%*, can some one re-size about 25 pics if I emil them. I need help

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
hwgunner   914 Steel Flared Official Story and Build Thread   Jul 11 2006, 01:55 PM
hwgunner   Another Arrival Pic   Jul 11 2006, 01:57 PM
maddeye  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 06:00 AM