Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake job, brake lights on
Pugbug
post Jul 12 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,604

I just finished installing a 19mm master cylinder on my 75, and bled the system twice. My brake pedal is firm, and brakes seem good. I also replaced the brake pads front and rear, and adjusted the vent space to 4mm.

Now my brake lights stay on, and the blinker on the dash won't stop blinking, no matter what. I'll take another look and bleed it again, but I am baffled.
I replaced the pads three weeks ago, but then realized the master cylinder was shot. I didn't have the problem until I changed the master cylinder yesterday.

Any tips?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Pugbug   Brake job   Jul 12 2006, 10:24 PM
D1A3   Did you check the brake switch? That may need adj...   Jul 12 2006, 10:31 PM
Dr Evil   I believe you need to reset the pressure switch on...   Jul 12 2006, 10:50 PM
john rogers   The mechanical brake light switch needs some adjus...   Jul 12 2006, 11:00 PM
"Z"   Yep, what John said...plus ya gotta push dat butto...   Jul 12 2006, 11:05 PM
Pugbug   Thanks Guys....I'd be lost widout youse guys   Jul 12 2006, 11:19 PM
Rotten Robby  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:59 PM