Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another happy Harbor Freight buyer...., Short story from another board
URY914
post Jul 16 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

From Garage Jounal...

"Earlier I posted that I was looking at the HF 4000 pound aluminum jack. I ended up buying it and today was my first opportunity to put it to use. This thing is a huge piece of sh!t and is going back on Monday. Straight out of the box, this thing will not even think about lifting my car. I tried bleeding the pump per the instructions and still nothing. Luckily, the Craftsman Club sale flyer came today and they have one on sale next week.

Stay away from Harbor Freight. Next time, I'll take my own advice."

And a reply...

"Man, same crap happened to me with the engine crane I bought from them. "Good deal" I thought until I got home and couldn't raise the hoist. Ram was dead. Took it back.

Nothing worse than taking back heavy $hit.

Sorry to hear it was a POS..."

Another...

"Yup, my jack from HF is a piece of junk too. I wish I could get an AC Hydraulics jack. I've always thought they were too expensive........... but now I see the importance of a high quality jack. Especially on a lowered car!

If you can, skip the Sears model and get an AC Hydraulics jack!!!!!!"

BTW, the AC Hydraulics is the same one Wayne sells at Pelican.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:02 PM