Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> tech question? head temp sensor on a 1.7L, man oh man......this car.....psh!
A TV dinner
post Jul 18 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,422

hello everyone. i currently own a 72 914 with the 1.7L motor. for the past few months i have been gathering fuel injection parts for the car, and finally after almost 20 years of sitting, the car started (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) .

ANYWAYS i basically wanted to make sure the engine would work properly, and so i am running one of those square "7psi" fuel pumps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

MY QUESTION IS.....i heard from the previous owner that the engine was rebuilt by a jaguar mechanic about 10 years ago, and so now when i go to find the correct placement for the head temperature sensor, there is no hole (in the passenger side) head for the sensor. SO me and another friend jimmy rigged a bracket (until we make sure everything is working correctly) for the temp sensor to fit on a fin. when we plug the sensor into the harness...the car DOESNT start, and when the sensor is plugged in the car DOES start. what is going on?

and do any of you think it would be worth it to just drop the engine and tap a whole in the head???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

any help would be appriciated

the sooner this is fixed, the sooner another 914 will be on the road and running WOOT!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
A TV dinner   tech question? head temp sensor on a 1.7L   Jul 18 2006, 11:51 PM
Stieve  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:36 PM