Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cylinder head flow vs Intake valve size, Beyond my knowledge
lmcchesney
post Jul 21 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

I want to start off by stating I am not a experienced/knowledgable engine designer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) and also want to thank Jake for the email alterting me to the discrepency (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif) .
I have a 94mm x 78mm stroker crank with a Web 73 cam. P and P heads but it was suggested by the engine builder that I go with 48mm intake and 38mm exhaust. The builders are fairly known race engine builders for VW and others, but predominately in the short track circuit (outlaws, circuit, etc.)
I have been told that the 48mm intakes limit the rpm of the engine despite the builder stating that the engine is an 8,000 rpm engine build.
My questions are:
A larger intake valve would increase the volume of air flow or less resistance, so how does that decrease the potential rpms.
If as it seems to be a fact and I want/need a higher rpm engine, can it be adjusted for with a programable ECU like a megasquirt?
Or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) do I just need to rebuild the heads with smaller intake valves and what size is optimal?
Thanks,
Larry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
lmcchesney   Cylinder head flow vs Intake valve size   Jul 21 2006, 07:32 AM
Randal  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:46 AM