Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Odd noises, from front suspension
lapuwali
post Jul 21 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #1

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

I can't pin this one down. My front suspension is making "popping" noises from time to time. Everything FEELS ok (steering, handling, etc), and I can't find anything loose. Could it be the strut inserts? Or the bushings? I have no idea what the inserts are (has KYBs on the back, no telling what's on the front), and the bushings look new-ish. I was told they had been replaced, but I don't know what with. Nothing snazzy like Mueller bearings, alas.

Does this over rough pavement, pretty much any time the suspension works. It could be something else up front, but there's nothing at all in the front trunk. Gas tank feels tight. It's been in and out a couple of times recently. Perhaps the pads aren't in the right place? The big rubber thingies are there...

Puzzled.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 05:09 AM