Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help Make the 914 Club a Formula SAE Team Sponsor
i love porsche
post Jul 24 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

Hello to everyone reading this
First off, I would like to thank every member who considers this opportunity and to the administration team for backing me in this endeavor.

Many of you don’t know me, my name is Aaron Courain, I’ve been restoring my 74 914 for about 3 years now and id be nowhere without the assistance of this club, its one of the greatest groups of people that I know.

I have been around this club for a few years now, and I have seen everything that we have to offer and how many of us can really come together and make a difference very often. I have been lucky enough to meet and interact with some of you and it’s been great and I hope I can continue to do more and more and help as much as I can.

I am going into my junior year at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), with a major in Mechanical Engineering. For the past two years I have been part of our school’s SAE Mini Baja team, and I have learned a lot in those two years.

Since I Heard of the Formula SAE event, it’s always something that I have wanted to compete in, but unfortunately my School did not already have an existing team. So after lots of discussion and research with fellow students, we have decided to construct a team to engineer and build one of these cars for the 2008 event. Since we will be a first year team, we decided on a 2 year build time to allow for the unexpected.

Formula SAE is a worldwide automotive design competition for college students. The goal of the competition is to have students engineer and construct a Formula car, which will be evaluated among entries from universities around the world.

At this point in our team’s progress we have started designing certain components of the car, and have been seeking sponsors to aid us. One of the first ideas I had was this club, having seen how helpful it has been in the past on many occasions.

I know that not everyone is able to be a financial aid to us, and that is fine, as a new team we have many things that we will need aid with, and I know that the diversity of the members of this club represent expertise in almost every aspect of motor racing. If you can give financially, then by all means feel free to do so, we cannot have a team without funding. But we are also in need of basic tools for our new shop at school; anything at all can be helpful. Advice will never be turned down, and I know I will be coming here with questions.

For more information on the Formula SAE event, you can visit
www.sae.org/students

for more information and to follow progress, of our team, you can visit
www.njit-fsae.org

I believe it would be easiest to donate through paypal, so I set up an account at
adc6@njit.edu
I would like to thank everybody very much for reading and considering this, and I encourage people to contact me about any questions or ideas they have or if you can assist in any way, I will also keep the club updated with everything that goes on with our team.

Thank you for your time

Aaron Courain

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
i love porsche   Help Make the 914 Club a Formula SAE Team Sponsor   Jul 24 2006, 04:28 PM
Mueller   In July's Automotive Engineering International...   Jul 24 2006, 05:57 PM
BKLA   Hey I'll donate a good, used 911 steering rack...   Jul 24 2006, 07:19 PM
MattR   Aaron, I'm a 3rd year ME major at University ...   Jul 24 2006, 07:26 PM
i love porsche   matt thanks for the advice, ive scheduled a 2 year...   Jul 24 2006, 09:19 PM
MattR  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:49 PM