Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOT - Need California Contingent Opinions, Son wants to move to California
colmz
post Jul 29 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,772

I have lurked here for a couple of years, but never joined until earlier this year. I prefer to remain on the sidelines for the most part. Anyway, something has come up and I need to solicit opinions from people in California (or anyone else who might have some experience in this).

My oldest son (20 yrs old) graduated in May with a B/S degree in music buisiness from Full Sail in Orlando, Florida. He also has an A/A in recording arts from the same school. He is just finishing up a three month internship here in Illinois with Victory Records in Chicago. Last week he informed my wife and I that he plans on moving to Los Angeles, California at the end of August to look for a job. He has no job offers, he has about $9,000 dollars in his pocket, and a 1997 Neon that he plans to drive out there. He tells us that in order to work in California, the record companies do not take job applicants seriously unless they live there. He has sent several resumes out, but has not heard back from anyone.

Comments, opinions, real life experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Marty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
colmz   WOT - Need California Contingent Opinions   Jul 29 2006, 01:49 PM
Brad Roberts   He needs to find a place to stay FIRST. I suggest...   Jul 29 2006, 01:57 PM
Brando   To be honest you would be better off moving from C...   Jul 29 2006, 02:02 PM
914rrr   My wife turned down a near six-figure job in Redwo...   Jul 29 2006, 02:07 PM
Brad Roberts   A couple of ways to succeed in CA: 1. Wealthy Par...   Jul 29 2006, 02:22 PM
bmunday   No joke. Unless you have 80-100k down.. for a hous...   Jul 30 2006, 10:06 AM
anthony   You guys are a bunch of naysayers. He's just a...   Jul 29 2006, 02:41 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:25 PM