Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Laptop computer repair, in the South SF Bay area
Dave_Darling
post Aug 1 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #1

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Hey, any locals have a favorite place for getting laptop computers repaired? Mine seems to be dying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) The monitor (17" LCD flatpanel) got a crack in it a few weeks ago, which of course has been propogating. Now the backlight only works intermittently (the external monitor port works fine thankfully!). And this morning, it just powered down on me and would not power back up. Not until I unplugged the AC adaptor and the battery, and let it sit for ~15 minutes, at least.

If it were just the LCD and/or the backlight, I could do the repairs myself. (But then, where do I get the parts?) But the SLOP (sudden loss of power) is very disturbing, and not within my troubleshooting ability.

So, any recommendations? Something near Mountain View is preferred.

914 content: That's the computer I use for my Pelican gig, and it has most of my 914 stuff on it.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:08 PM