Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ECU Connector Wires Loose, ...would this cause it to run rough?
vesnyder
post Aug 6 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,933

As many of you have helped me over the past week with one of my cylinders that continues to miss I think I found the issue. I checked everything - from valves to injector - and nothing fixed the problem to I was wiggling the wiring to the ECU and the car stalled. After removing the ECU to check it, the white plug-in board was loose. I suspect that while I had the motor out, all the movement of the ECU made some of the connections loose. I reinserted each wire and fixed the wiring so it will not put any tension on the wire at the plug - and it seems to have fixed it! I drove the car all wekeend and it seemed to run fine (most of the time). I checked the compression on the cylinder and it still was low (90 vs 120+ on others), but does not seem to affect the driving.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:54 PM