Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> another CHT, question
toon1
post Aug 17 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,022

In my quest to find the hesitation problem. I think I have norrowed it down to the CHT.

The car stumbles, spits and backfires when cold. After it gets to operating temp it seems to go away and the car runs pretty darned good. I have done most of all the checks and most everything seems ok.

I checked the resistance on the CHT with the motor cold and it reads approx. 2145. I placed a lead of the ohm meter on the connector of the CHT and placed the other ohm meter lead on the cylinder head for ground.

the book I have says" approx. 3k ohm is good, if it's out of spec replace it".

Is this reading ok? Is the method I used to check the CHT ok or should I check the resistance at the ECU connector? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
toon1   another CHT   Aug 17 2006, 06:44 PM
rcrgrl   i thought it should be closer to 2k. and thats th...   Aug 17 2006, 07:28 PM
Dave_Darling   Method == fine. Reading == OK; the exact number v...   Aug 18 2006, 09:29 AM
toon1  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:08 PM