Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sway bars and rates, Some times I over think things a little
914forme
post Aug 23 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Okay is just me or do I over think stuff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Anyrate, the Welt 22mm is going going, gone - It is in the FS adds.

Colaman Racing to the rescue. But I needed to know some infor before I started. So thanks to Fred Puhn, I made up an excell spreadsheet to figure out my adjustable rate swaybar and what I had.

Here is the Weltmeister 22mm bar - the conversion was done over to inches. Notice the top number, I was running my bar full hard, about 3 inches from the center of the bar. That produces and effective rate of 150 Ft. Lbs of pressure. With out going into other factors just the most basic physics here.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
914forme   Sway bars and rates   Aug 23 2006, 07:57 PM
914forme   Okay here is the colman bar I ordered, it is 1 1/4...   Aug 23 2006, 08:01 PM
nine14cats   Pretty nice....let me get my wife and show her tha...   Aug 23 2006, 08:56 PM
914forme   :chairfall: Bill this is for you all things bein...   Aug 23 2006, 09:12 PM
nine14cats  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 12:01 PM