Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Niehoff fuel injectors?, anyone try the new ones? NOT rebuilt.
jk76.914
post Aug 26 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,925
Region Association: North East States

Anyone have any experience with NEW Niehoff fuel injectors? They also rebuild them, but I have a line on a set of NEW ones for my 2.0 for short money.... $50 apiece.

Thanks for the help!!!

Jim

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
bd1308
post Aug 27 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

How did these work out?

Where did you find these BTW?

b
+Quote Post
jk76.914
post Aug 27 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,925
Region Association: North East States

Looking at a lot of stuff, and I see in prior threads here at 914world.com, that the 1.7 injector could be OK for a mild 2.0, maybe up to 110 HP, but then it runs out of poop. Sounds reasonable, at 265 cc/min vs. 380 for the 2.0L injectors.

So, any thoughts about the VW 1.6 Type III injector? According to

http://www.telusplanet.net/%7Echichm/tech/injectors.pdf
and
http://web.telia.com/~u53104261/spridare1.htm

these have the same body type as ours, but are rated at 340 cc/min- in between our 1.7 and 2.0, but much closer to the 2.0. They're listed at PartsAmerica for $57.48 brand new, Bosch brand, part number 0 280 150 007. Straight hoses would have to be cut off and replaced with new elbow hoses... Here's the link-

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.as...r=Fuel+Injector

I admit, I'm skeptical of the 340 flow rating. Someone else would be recommending this approach otherwise. Might almost be worth buying one (or four) and testing them.

I'm trying to get into a set of NEW injectors for short money. I'm basically out of cash for the car project.... My Financial Manager (A.K.A. my wife) has me on a very short leash as far as the 914 goes...

And, I already know I'll need to tune my MPS with a wide-band O2 sensor, because of my cam, so a bit of a mismatch should be tuned out later anyway... theory goes.

Jim Kelly

PS- my earlier question about the Niehoff injectors- turns out those are for Mercedes 450 SE. Supposedly equivalent to Bosch part number 0 280 150 036. Same flow as our -038, but straight hoses. Still interested in feedback from anyone with experience with Niehoff.
+Quote Post
ziggy101
post Aug 27 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #4

Drive it like you stole it!!

Member No.: 6,451

i personally just stick to bosch
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:47 AM